SENIOR CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER for Commercial and Healthcare projects
PLEASE READ: Our client is ONLY looking for candidates between 8-12 years of experience (+/-) and are not looking beyond that.
The Project Manager position assumes accountability for day to day project management duties during the Preconstruction and Construction phases, allowing the Project Sponsor to focus on building and maintaining client relationships and/or oversee multiple projects. In addition, the Project Manager is also responsible for providing the field with the documents necessary in order to execute the Work. Customer service for both internal and external customers should be clearly demonstrated in the Project Manager’s approach, communications, work product and results.
JOB SCOPE & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Record meeting communications and distribute to participants in order to track actionable items
o Design Meetings
o Management of preconstruction schedule (oversight from Project Sponsor)
Lead the Constructability Review Process
o Coordinate constructability review by various Our Client’s personnel
o Manage process to completion
o Personally review documents and generate comments
o Collect comments from Our Client’s personnel on corrections to be made to documents and distribute to
Manage design documents
o Assemble, distribute, and track document packages as appropriate. When available engage PE in the
o Track progression of design documents through the life of the project
o Coordinate the detailed estimate process
o Subcontractor scope of work quantity surveys
o Coordinate in‐house review of estimate
o Obtain schedule and logistics plan from operations
o Obtain pre‐qualification documents from the subcontractors and ensure completion of the prequalification process
o Coordinate the subcontractor procurement process
- Prepare and distribute subcontractor bid packages
- Collect subcontractor bids
- Review bids for accurate and complete information, which would include verification of compliance with specifications and contract documents
o Prepare the bid evaluation forms and recommendation of award to be reviewed for final selection by Project Sponsor
o Negotiate scope of work with selected subcontractors (Exhibit 1)
o Prepare and distribute subcontract documents
o Identify, and as often as possible resolve, any significant subcontract or insurance issues to ensure
compliance with contract requirements
o Collect information needed to create forecast of cash flow for distribution to Owner and Our Client’s
o Update/reconcile and distribute cash flow as needed
o Review Contract Documents for scope creep which could have schedule or cost impacts
o – Coordinate change management process
- Distribute documents to appropriate trades with requests for price and schedule impact
- Collect information from trades and assemble an estimate and proposal for Project Sponsor’s review/approval
- Coordinate with on site operations to assure clear delineation regarding responsibility for the field related changes. (Responsibility can vary based on project size, complexity and or availability of resources.)
- Present change proposal to Owner’s representative
- After Owner approval, prepare Owner Change Order and appropriate subcontract change orders
o Execute pay application process by executing the Our Client’s Process Flow
o Manager Hazard Review
- Visit project and review the jobsite hazard analysis efforts with the project staff (minimum of 2/month per project) in accordance with Section 2.4 of Our Client’s Safety Reference Manual
o Participate in RFQ/RFP Response or Negotiation Process (For new opportunities)
o Assist Regional Operations Manager in tracking and completing Warranty Work
- Managing Conflict: Listens well, diffuses conflict before it starts, finds causes of and solutions to problems, handles difficult people.
- Budgets/Cost Control: Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget planning.
- Meeting Management: Holds appropriate number of meetings, develops a meeting agenda, sets clear goals for meetings, involves appropriate people, encourages and balances input.
- Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Productivity: Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture
- LEED AP preferred
- Design‐build construction management. healthcare construction, OSHPD
- Five or more years of jobsite and/or project management experience and healthcare construction
SALARY: 120K and Up (based on Experience) plus bonus and benefits.
GILLIAN EXECUTIVE SEARCH, INC. is a leader in recruiting for healthcare real estate and construction management jobs, careers, candidates