Our client is one of the leading owners, developers, operators and fund managers of first class real estate in the world. The company's commitment to excellence, and its mission to create value for its investors and tenants, places our client at the forefront of the real estate industry. Our client's global footprint includes offices in the United States, Europe, Latin America, India and China. The client's international workforce operates from 19 regional offices supported by over 100 property and project offices across the globe. Domestically, our client has seven U.S. regional offices located in New York, Boston, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Job Title: Design and Construction Senior Project Manager
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
REPORTS TO: Senior Managing Director/ Managing Director
The Project Executive functions as a principal senior project manager in the D&C Department and is responsible for leading and facilitating all aspects of the design and construction process for any given project, and for building out the project on time, on budget and within pre-established quality parameters.
- Manage the coordination of architectural and engineering disciplines as well as the functions of estimating, budgeting, contracting, scheduling, biding, negotiating, purchasing, value engineering.
- Substantially interface with architects, engineers, contractors, municipal officials, financial institutions and all other necessary for the implementation of design and construction.
- Through the Construction Manager, direct the bidding and purchasing of major components.
- Provide input to the origination of development, construction, and design concepts during pre-development stages for future assigned projects.
- Provide input into the process of selection of all design consultants and other professionals.
- Provide specific leadership, motivation, direction, and control to the Construction Manager and the construction team to include architects, engineers and the trades.
- Provide the leadership to the pre-construction and actual construction process to assure that all development, from a construction point-of-view, is completed on time, on budget and within pre-determined standards of quality.
- Provide direction, create performance objectives, development plans, and conduct performance reviews for direct reports.
- Monitor project construction activities relating to scheduling, quality, costs, design and construction methodology as well as assist in the selection and recommendation of trades and purchase of major building materials/ components through the Construction Manager.
- Create and monitor control systems for cost estimates, budgets, schedule, contractor draws, change orders, quality control, value engineering, progress reports and variance analyses.
- Maintain substantial interface relationships with clients, client consultants, and other TSP functions.
- Coordinate the construction process with TSP marketing and asset management.
- Maintain substantial interface relationships with our client's financing, accounting, leasing, legal, and development departments.
- Identify, evaluate and disseminate new construction technology, in addition to providing the total leadership to the process of value engineering
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent.
- Five to twelve years of significant achievement as a successful construction project manager of office buildings or other large scale development with some exposure to the business aspects of the development process.
- Strong ability to create, implement, and monitor all construction schedules and control systems, policies, procedures, systems and standards.
- Possess skills and understanding in financial controls with a bottom-line profit orientation.
- Ability to and has sufficient knowledge of computer software currently utilized by the Company.
- Ability to travel between floors and buildings in order to effectively communicate all project assignments.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Ability to successfully communicate effectively with all functions within the region.
Contact: Kipp Gillian | Gillian Executive Search, Inc. | 866-600-0437 x 1
Recruiters in Office and Industrial Development, Architecture and Construction Management