We are seeking two (2) Regional Property Managers that fit the following job description:
Regional Property Manager- Greater LA Metro Area
The Regional Manager (RM) supervises the overall operations of the communities in his/her portfolio with a clear understanding of each community's economic and physical requirements. With a total of 77 properties in the Southern California area, each RPM will be responsible for 1200-1800 units.
Keys to success include excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to effectively manage employees to achieve results, and strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Multi-site management experience within the multifamily industry is required. BA/BS degree and Yardi experience preferred.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand financial goals and assist in formulation of budgets for multiple sites.
- Actively maintain and report monthly variances and narratives for all sites in the portfolio.
- Oversee and ensures all properties in the portfolio rents are collected when due and posted in a timely manner and deposits are reported to the corporate office.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide assistance in escalated scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance issues.
- Monitors A/P invoices that are submitted to the corporate office for payment, and approves petty cash handling and all funds.
- Ensures all sites in the portfolio are rented to fullest capacity.
- Oversee marketing strategies to secure prospective residents at the multiple sites.
- Oversee and ensures current resident files are properly maintained for all sites in the portfolio.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible in relating to demanding owners/asset managers and a willingness to make personnel or process changes quickly.
- Resolve escalated resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Assist the Community Managers (CM) in developing and/or implementing resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Monitor consistent implementation of policies to the multiple communities.
- Ensures all sites in the portfolio are in compliance with all Federal and Local Fair Housing regulations and ordinances.
- Actively makes regular community inspections and tours to ensure the community appearance and repairs are maintained.
- Oversee and assures maintenance quality and quantity of market ready apartments.
- Encourages ongoing training and development for all property employees about compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensures all sites in the portfolio unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Oversee all liability and community incidents are reported to the corporate office immediately. Ensure that all workers’ compensations claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- Build strong on-site management teams through coaching and motivation.
- Develop strategies to improve performance at the property level.
- Aggressively manage and motivates all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned community. This includes ensuing all employees are trained, receive ongoing formal and informal performance evaluation, review and approval of time sheets by their CM, and continuously advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience as a Regional Manager.
- Leasing, Marketing, and Multifamily Management Experience Required.
- Yardi/ MRI property management system operations required.
- Computer knowledge MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to act independently and make decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to work weekends when needed.
- Travel required.