SENIOR DESIGNER OF ARCHITECTURE Responsible and accountable for the cost effective design of all required building construction documents for new projects including but not limited to high-end resorts and mixed use projects through out California.
RECRUITER NOTES: You must be a team player and have a great eye for detail, colors and materials. The right candidate must know how to get projects designed and built. Background coming out of high-end residential and 5 star resorts are desired. Desired candidate must be able to manage people and consultants with no drama.
OUR CLIENT: Recognized around the world as the most innovative and successful developer of retail, luxury mixed use and hospitality complexes. They have a passion for architectural and design excellence, a commitment to serving the needs of the local community, and close attention to offering a one-of-a-kind guest experience, They have become the most admired real estate development firm in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce Construction documentation for all client product types to secure state, federal, and local approvals and permits
• Produce Preliminary Construction Design documentation as needed for accurate preliminary cost estimating by Construction Department
• Provide Design Application documentation, utilizing standard and common urban planning, landscape, and civil engineering practices to accurately depict project size, unit quantities, and amenities
• Coordinate all out of house Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Structural, and Civil engineering consultants to document completion
• Work with civil design representatives as needed
• Study and investigate the most current building practices, designs and materials used in our market and make recommendations to the VP as appropriate.
• Prepare and keep current all product specifications and design manuals for our properties
• Keep any and all files and/or drawings organized and up to date in both physical and electronic libraries.
• Provide review and approval of monthly draw requests including final certificates of substantial completion as may be needed by the Owners.
• Work with construction staff as needed
• Continue any and/or all required continuing education to keep all licenses current
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in multi-family design
• 5 year college Architectural degree
• State license to practice architecture in California
• Ability to design and write all facets of architectural plans and specifications
• Knowledge of general construction practices and national, state and local building codes
• Knowledge of residential mechanical, electrical and structural systems
• Ability to fully utilize computer aided design program(s) and specific construction related computer software programs
• Language Skills - Ability to read, write, interpret and analyze the most complex documents. Ability to respond to sensitive inquiries and questions. Ability to effectively write speeches and persuade others using innovative techniques or style.
• Math Skills - Ability to work with concepts such as probability, statistical inference and fundamentals of geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to situations.
• Reasoning Skills - Ability to apply principles and logical of scientific thinking or a wide range of intellectual and practical issues. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (scientific equations, graphs, etc.) and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
• Computer Skills - Advance experience with MS Office.
Salary: 80-120K plus bonus and benefits
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - Executive Recruiters in Real Estate Development, Executive Recruiters in Architecture, Executive Recruiters in Engineering, Executive Recruiters in Construction Management, Executive Recruiters in Finance, Accounting and Real Estate Law, Executive Recruiters in Property Management, Construction Recruiters, jobs