This position is closed.
We are seeking an experienced project manager (PM) to execute turnkey development, from initial concept through occupancy and closing of permanent financing, generally managing three or four projects at any one time.
The PM must have extensive experience with affordable housing finance and real estate development, particularly the layering of multiple sources in complex transactions. The ability to identify and secure local, state, and federal affordable financing sources is a critical responsibility of the PM position.The PM is expected to manage the entire development process with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Identifying and conducting feasibility analysis of potential developments
- Negotiating the acquisition of property or development rights
- Coordinating with estimators, construction managers, asset managers, and others to define—and then achieve—development goals
- Working with the company’s financial analyst and other team members to develop financing plans that are both innovative and achievable
- Maintaining relationships with state, local, and federal public funding agencies; institutional investors; and conventional lenders
- Selecting and managing the design team, including architects and engineers
- Managing the due diligence process, including identification and mitigation of entitlement, environmental, market, financing, and operating risks
- Working with in-house and outside counsel to preserve the company’s short- and long-term financial interests
- Leading the financial closing of projects
- Ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery by close oversight of in-house or outside contractors
- Coordinating with the property management team to ensure successful lease-up and stabilized occupancy
- A minimum of three years of affordable housing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and supervise internal and external teams, encouraging the highest quality of work while maintaining a positive working environment
- Professional and respectful demeanor, with the ability to represent the company in a variety of environments, and with a diverse mix of stakeholders
- Must be highly organized, have a strong attention to detail, and possess the judgment to prioritize competing—often deadline-driven—demands