CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
Our client is looking for high performing team orientated candidates who want to join an organization that is on the cutting edge of offering a premier lifestyle. They are a top property management group based out of Newport Beach, California. They are currently looking to fill a New Multifamily Construction Project Manager position for their Construction department based out of their Corporate Office in Newport Beach.
The New Multifamily Construction Project Manager will manage outsourced general contractors to deliver a superior quality product, on time and on budget. Additionally to ensure projects have been constructed and quality controlled with integrity.
- Manage Subcontractors field operations to minimize cost overruns and schedule delays.
- Participates in Value Engineering Meetings to help produce the most cost effective and efficient product possible.
- Review all apartment units during various stages to assure quality and safety.
- Meets routinely with subcontractor field staff to review current operations in progress and verifies schedule status.
- Manages budgets and reviews budgets constantly.
- Meets with consultants and Development Project Managers to review designs
- Coordinates all departments to maximize project execution efficiency for both cost and schedules.
- Ensures quality control.
- Reviews new products, provides input on purchasing issues, and manages subcontractor relations.
- Resolves Warranty Service issues with Lyon Living Operations Staff
- Trains construction staff and trade contractors in the correct methods of construction to ensure a quality product is turned over to Lyon Communities Operations Staff.
- Redlines all new plans under construction to stop repeated mistakes and decrease amount of exposure to future litigation.
- Builds long term relationships with subcontractors to keep pricing down and loyalty and quality up.
- Meets with Lyon Living Operations Staff on issues of concern.
- Communicates directly with general contractor on issues pertaining to subcontractors, customer service and Lyon Communities Operations Staff and rectify any problems and address any issues in need of attention.
- Regular contact with construction staff, project managers, subcontractors, Lyon Vice President of Construction.
- Other duties as required.
- 3+ years Construction Project Management experience in residential, multi-family and or hospitality preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in the construction industry.
- Requires excellent customer service and the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with subcontractors and Operations Staff as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of the residential building industry and the ability to use general building tools and equipment. Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of budgets, building blue prints, maps, and color charts.
- Must have problem solving, prioritizing abilities, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work under pressure. Ability to execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to properly delegate and follow-up on tasks with a pleasant and approachable demeanor.
- Ability to influence, gain cooperation, and resolve problems with people of varying personalities and backgrounds, including construction personnel, business owners, and city/county officials.
- Ability to speak effectively to groups of people.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems before they become quality or cost issues.
- Requires valid California driver’s license; vehicle insurance; and working knowledge of construction codes. State General Contractors license preferred. Ability to read plans, soils investigation reports, engineering etc.