PROJECT MANAGER, Multifamily Construction - Camarillo, CA
Under limited supervision, manages and administers the construction and delivery of new facilities and/or remodeling of existing facilities, to include contract preparation, on site coordination, quality control, and all aspects of contract management.
Our Client: is a full service, national real estate company that develops, builds and manages residential multifamily housing. With over three decades of experience, they have gained the expertise to identify the right opportunities and markets for our partners and develop high quality housing for their residents. From start to finish, every project they take on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return, cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction for their partners and associates.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate long term client relationships that provide repeat business.
- Work with A/E firms to establish plans and specifications.
- Work with project team to establish project budget.
- Establish approved list of qualified bidders.
- Establish project contract with owner.
- Create project scopes of work
- Distribute plans to all contractors
- Distribute any bulletins/addendums for bids
- Accumulate bids and establish
- spreadsheet of bidders for presentation
- Negotiate with subcontractors to meet project budget
- Value Engineer project as required
- Establish project schedule
- Manage Project Superintendent to meet daily project needs for quality control, safety and schedule.
- Host pre-construction meetings as required.
- Create project meeting agenda and host onsite project meetings.
- Manage project buyout.
- Approve all project invoices with Superintendent on a monthly basis.
- Communicate financial information with owner as required.
- Create project (owner and subcontractor) change orders as required.
- Manage project closeout.
- Assure company of signed off punch list.
- Manage final invoicing requirements.
- Warranty calls to meet company requirements
- Perform site visits and fill out PM Site Visit site evaluation form
- Review project buyout, scopes of work and subcontractor list with Superintendents at start of project.
- Mentor new project managers in proper construction practices.
- Mentor new project managers in proper Rockford practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Project Managers are responsible for managing Project Superintendents to meet daily project needs for quality control, safety and schedule.
- Ability to handle multiple demands while keeping a positive, results-
focused attitude toward clients, subcontractors, and co-workers.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.Knowledge of the operating practices of construction, architectural, and building firms.
- Must possess skills in workflow analysis and management.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be computer proficient.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field required.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in commercial construction required.
- Experience specifically with Multi-Family/Multi Unit Structures
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions correspondence, memos, blue prints and floor plans.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Work with Senior Management to track and report job progress.
- Proficient in using the Internet to research information, as well as MS Outlook, Project, Excel and Word.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
The company is also hiring a Superintendent in Camarillo.