SENIOR REAL ESTATE CONTROLLER - Denver, CO
We are also looking for a Portfolio Manager in Denver.
A Real Estate Investment Group is a premier investment management company comprising of more than $1 billion in assets and has had an extraordinary record of success and a reputation for collaboration and partnership; a depth of knowledge and experience; and a history of finding opportunities is currently seeking a Senior Real Estate Controller.
As a key member of the Real Estate Management team, the Sr. RE Controller will report to the Vice President of RE and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the division. The Sr. RE Controller is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related accounting, reporting and tax planning activities of the division.
- Assist in formulating the Division’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and report on financial performance of strategic business plans
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the Division strategic direction
- Develop and implement RE tax planning strategies
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgeting and consolidation reporting
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance, business opportunities and process improvements
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies
- Oversee the division’s accounting processing systems
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Maintain lender relationships to support company financing needs
- Assist in the preparation of month end and year end closing
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, and operations, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting of Finance required; Master’s degree is preferred
- CPA required
- 10 years of accounting experience in a real estate environment required
- 6 years of experience as a Controller required
- Experience with financial consolidations, business operations, strategic planning, and standard accounting concepts and practices/procedures
- Strong technical skills
Gillian Executive Search are top CRE recruiters specializing in Multifamily Construction, Development, Architecture, Asset Management and MORE nationwide.