REGIONAL PROPERTY MANAGER - Affordable Housing
Our client is seeking a Regional Property Manager to oversee operations of the Wisconsin affordable housing properties. The position can be located anywhere in Wisconsin. There are 4 sub-regional managers that will be under the main Regional's management. The ideal candidate must have regional and/or corporate management experience in all facets of Affordable Multifamily property management, including:
- variance reporting
- narrative property reports
- review and approve affordable housing tenant applications.
- project bidding and supervision
- hiring and supervising sub-regional and onsite personnel
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, possess strong analytical skills, be well versed in spreadsheets and word processing, and be highly organized.
Summary of Expectations: The Candidate should demonstrate a well-rounded mix of general administrative abilities, landlord/tenant law and solid Affordable Housing management knowledge. The candidate should possess the ability to compose solid, coherent correspondence, and to track a portfolio of properties. The position calls for the detail-orientated person as opposed to a generalist. We prefer a doer (hands-on) as opposed to a delegator. This position will oversee 4 sub-regional managers with their own portfolios so solid leadership is key.
Specifics of the Position: The specific requirements of the position include:
- The Regional Property Manager directly supervises the performance of a portfolio of assets with the ultimate accountability for operating each within all financial and operational expectations.
- Delivers all property budgets and annual plans to Owners by required date.
- Reviews Market Surveys and adjusts Rent Schedules at least monthly.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a current marketing plan for each community.
- Performs regular management of Delinquency Report and NSF and collection procedures to ensure maximum potential collection of income.
- Reviews paperwork on new rentals, move-ins and move-outs, make ready status, budget control, renewals, marketing, etc. during onsite visits to ensure company policy and procedure is being followed.
- Meets as required with senior management to review financial and operational performance.
- Maintains a regular schedule of property visits and inspections of all operational aspects of the communities.
- Actively supervises a team of sub-regional and onsite property management staff.
- Provides clear, precise and consistent communication to site team members, performs ongoing training, coaching, counseling, etc. to ensure that the team is working at its maximum potential within a collaborative work environment.
- Responsible and accountable for recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring and the ultimate success or failure of each hire.
- Conducts regular performance and wage reviews with staff including Property Managers and Maintenance Supervisors.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff members in all departments operate within OSHA standards and company safety and general policies at all times.
- Practices and promotes cross functional teamwork among all associates.
- Travel and overnight stays required every few months.
- Works on special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years affordable multifamily (LIHTC) property management experience
Compensation is competitive.
GILLIAN EXECUTIVE SEARCH is a leader in executive search and recruiting for Affordable Housing Property Management positions nationally