Job Title Production (Construction) Manager - Oakland, California
Job Description The Production Manager is a field representative of the company involved in all stages of a construction project. Assists the Vice President of Construction with regard to the construction process.
RECRUITERS NOTES- PLEASE READ: Client is primarily interested in local candidates (relocation is not considered), client is not interested in candidates that are above the rank of Director (a Director level that is above a SPM/PM but below a VP), client desires a strong background in multifamily ground up construction, client is only interested in stable track records of employment with a strong owner/builder or related general construction firm. Client is not interested in consultants . Candidates around 5-15 years total experience are most desired. Position will be based in Oakland and will oversee ground up multifamily construction projects throughout the Bay Areas
The Production Manager is a Construction representative of the company, typically involved in all stages of a construction project. Assists the Vice President of Production with regard to the construction process.
* Assist in the review and redlining of plans and specifications during the schematic design, design development and construction document phases of pre-construction. Ensures coordination of plans and specs with development and marketing programming standards.
* Assists in obtaining building and specialty permits from local jurisdictional agencies.
* Assists in the review and qualification of competitive subcontractor bids (the GC bid Book) prior to execution of the GMAX Contract.
* Coordinate Utility service Providers in accordance with project schedules.
* Coordinate and manage the processes in connection with rights of way, easements and dedications.
* Perform regular jobsite observations to ensure that construction of assigned projects is in general conformance with the intent of planes, specifications and other contract documents.
* Educate and monitor General Contractor personnel to ensure their understanding and achievement of Our Client’s quality standards throughout the construction process.
* Monitor projects weekly and report to the Vice President Production on conformance with the contract schedule.
* Facilitate processing of RFI’s, submittals and samples among the General Contractor, the owner and the owner’s consultants, ensuring that all responses are done in accordance with established project parameters.
* Manage the General Contractor to ensure that all required mock-ups are prepared and presented to the owner for review and approval prior to production installation.
* Conduct all critical pre-installation conferences with General Contractors, subcontractors, consultants and manufacturer’s representatives in accordance with project manual requirements.
* Oversees construction administration consultants to ensure that field observations are performed in accordance with the project schedule and other contract documents.
* Attend weekly owner/architect/contractor (OAC) meetings.
* Take weekly progress and technical “Knowledgebase” photographs of all assigned projects and digitally archive in computer network files.
* Assists the Vice President Production in the review, investigation and validation of Proposed Change Order Requests (PCOR)
* Manage all neighborhood outreach programs and unsure compliance with any association requirements.
* Prepare, or cause to be prepared, all required punch lists; and follow-through to ensure timely and proper completion by the General Contractors.
* Manage all FFE installations to ensure consistency with the project schedule, plans and specifications.
* Manage the entire building turnover process in accordance with the contract documents, facilitating and enhancing communications among the General Contractor, the Community Manager and the Community Service Manager.
* Plan, organize and execute training of the Community Service Manager, including, but not limited to, turnover procedures, quality standards and project-specific systems orientation.
* Conduct weekly production/operations/contractor meetings, starting upon building turnover, to facilitate communications and resolve critical issues.
* Assists the operations group with warranty service repairs, when necessary.
* Manage landscape architects to ensure that project landscaping is provided and installed in accordance with the contract documents and work with General Contractors to ensure proper completion of final punch lists prepared by landscape architects.
* Obtain notices of completion and/or compliance certifications from all construction administration consultants.
* Work with the contractor to ensure that all project closeout documents are submitted in accordance with the contract. Assist the Vice President Production in the review, approval and archiving of all closeout documents.
* Manage the entire process required to reduce and ultimately exonerate all bonds posted in connection with assigned projects.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in accounting or finance; and five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Master’s degree (M.A,) preferred.
* Experience in construction management of single-family, multifamily or commercial product.
* Must have a fundamental understanding of the plan check, permitting and building inspection processes, and be able to interface with building department officials.
* Must be organized and capable of managing tasks on multiple, concurrent projects.
* Must be skilled in reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must have well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to establish highly functional relationships with diverse personalities both within and outside the company.
* Intermediate MS Outlook, Work and Excel skills.
* Intermediate MS Project software skills.
* Great opportunities for advancement with a well-respected national company
* Excellent benefits, including comprehensive health care, 401(k) with company match and rent discounts
* Paid vacation and 11 paid holidays, including Martin Luther King Day and President’s Day
* Upscale work environment
* Culture that respects work-life balance
* Fun group of people in a real team atmosphere
Target Salary - 100-130K and up depending on experience, bonus and benefits
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - Executive Recruiters in Real Estate Development, Executive Recruiters in Architecture, Executive Recruiters in Engineering, Executive Recruiters in Construction Management, Executive Recruiters in Finance, Accounting and Real Estate Law, Executive Recruiters in Property Management, Construction Recruiters, jobs