Position: Partner of Multifamily Acquisitions
Direct Reporting: Reports directly to President
Overall Responsibility: Identify and investigate potential multifamily development sites in areas
Location: Office is in central Los Angeles, California
We are seeking a talented candidate to join our Client and lead all aspects of their apartment community acquisition efforts in their core markets of California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado and Washington. An overview of responsibilities includes: source new deals, investigate new markets, conduct underwriting & analysis, inspect physical sites, participate in due diligence, and structure & complete transactions. This is a significant addition to our client's management team therefore we seek ONLY the best multifamily acquisitions experts in the area.
Recruiter Notes: We are seeking candidates that are presently in a NON-Partnership level acquisition position, with entrepreneurial business acumen, proven ability to source value-add opportunities between$7.5 - 20 million, organized and able to eventually lead an acquisitions team but able in the mean-time to be self sufficient. If you have the ability to source land too that's a plus. We'd prefer to have candidates that live in the LA market but are open to surrounding areas. There is NO relocation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have an understanding or direct experience with multifamily real estate and asset management
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player with a "can do" attitude and ability to effectively internalize the business objectives and spirit of a rapidly growing entrepreneurial company
- Ability to create financial models
- Must be familiar with accounting systems
- Must be highly resourceful and possess the ability to research and identify residential sub markets with growth potential
- Demonstrated success in projects requiring independent judgment
- Excellent Microsoft Office and Advanced Excel skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle pressure, meet deadlines and set priorities for workload
- Ability to interpret responsibilities and possess initiative and willingness to assume additional responsibilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with coworkers and maintain a cooperative, productive atmosphere
- Must be adaptable and able to travel with little notice; travel variable at 20-60%
- Directly grow and supervises the firm"s Multifamily Acquisition team.
- Reviews workload and analyzes staffing requirements; interviews, selects, trains, counsels and evaluates staff to ensure effective support
- Reviews the efforts of staff and provides direction where needed, ensuring timely completion of task and projects in accordance with objectives.
- Plans and implements a program of training and professional development for all assigned staff; program must develop the skills and future potential of team members and maintain a high level of knowledge in their respective areas.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA in business administration, finance or related field is required. MASTERS in Real Estate or equivalent highly desired but not required
- 12+ years business experience identifying, underwriting & closing real estate transactions. Specifically multifamily apartments in California.
- Computer literate
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor with a strong work ethic
- Must have local California knowledge and live locally.
Salary: Market and commensurate with experience. - Our client offers a competitive salary & benefits package as well as an opportunity to significantly impact the business in a fast-paced, fun environment.