Architect - In house for Multifamily Developer/Owner/Operator
Responsible and accountable for the cost effective design of all required building construction documents for new projects.
RECRUITER NOTES: Our client is a production oriented builder in multifamily. Meaning that many of their communities have the same look and feeling with few changes. The candidate for this position hold and active AIA License and be able and willing to perform their own drafting. Multifamily design background is preferred but we will consider large single family production home design backgrounds as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce Construction documentation for all client product types to secure state, federal, and local approvals and permits
• Produce Preliminary Construction Design documentation as needed for accurate preliminary cost estimating by Construction Department
• Provide Design Application documentation, utilizing standard and common urban planning, landscape, and civil engineering practices to accurately depict community size, unit quantities, and amenities
• Coordinate all out of house Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Structural, and Civil engineering consultants to document completion
• Work with civil design representatives as needed
• Study and investigate the most current building practices, designs and materials used in our market and make recommendations to the director as appropriate
• Prepare and keep current all product specifications and design manuals for our properties
• Keep any and all files and/or drawings organized and up to date in both physical and electronic libraries.
• Provide review and approval of monthly draw requests including final certificates of substantial completion as may be needed by the Owners.
• Work with construction staff as needed
• Continue any and/or all required continuing education to keep all licenses current
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in multi-family design
• 5 year college Architectural degree
• State license to practice architecture in Indiana and NCARB certificate to achieve licensing in other states as necessary (must provide certified copy of the certificate). (Client currently operates in the following states: Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee, Lousiana, Texas, Georgia.)
• Ability to design and write all facets of architectural plans and specifications
• Knowledge of general construction practices and national, state and local building codes
• Knowledge of residential mechanical, electrical and structural systems
• Ability to fully utilize computer aided design program(s) and specific construction related computer software programs
• Language Skills - Ability to read, write, interpret and analyze the most complex documents. Ability to respond to sensitive inquiries and questions. Ability to effectively write speeches and persuade others using innovative techniques or style.
• Math Skills - Ability to work with concepts such as probability, statistical inference and fundamentals of geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to situations.
• Reasoning Skills - Ability to apply principles and logical of scientific thinking or a wide range of intellectual and practical issues. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (scientific equations, graphs, etc.) and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
• Computer Skills - Advance experience with MS Office.
Salary: 80-85K plus bonus and benefits
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - Executive Recruiters in Real Estate Development, Executive Recruiters in Architecture, Executive Recruiters in Engineering, Executive Recruiters in Construction Management, Executive Recruiters in Finance, Accounting and Real Estate Law, Executive Recruiters in Property Management, Construction Recruiters, jobs