PROJECT MANAGER - Southern California
PRODUCT: For Profit Affordable Housing and some Market Rate Multifamily Housing.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Project Manager performs a wide variety of tasks directly related to the planning, advocacy, development, and financing, of affordable housing projects from acquisition through tax credit award. This position is characterized by a high degree of initiative, responsibility, accountability, and ability to work congenially with a wide variety of individuals, community-based organizations, and governmental entities. A Project Manager can expect to work on three or four projects at different stages in development at any given time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Director or Land Acquisition regarding terms and conditions of prospective development sites;
- Develops and regularly updates pro-formas and feasibility studies of proposed projects;
- Establishes and maintains budget accountability for all assigned projects;
- Manages entitlement and development for current projects;
- Works with Design and Construction Consultants to develop project design
- Guides projects through entitlement phase, including preparation of applications for zoning and use permit approvals;
- Acts as liaison between the organization and the general public related to specific development projects, and garners
- community-based support for potential projects;
- Attends city council, housing committees, planning and zoning committee and other community meetings, on matters related to specific housing developments or affordable housing generally; and
- Performs all other assignments/tasks that are assigned by supervisors or others which are not covered in this job description and which the individual could reasonably be expected to perform.
Education and/or Experience:
Client: Strong developer of Affordable and Market Rate multifamily in Southern California.
Location: Office will be based IRVINE but will oversee new and existing multifamily developments throughout the Inland Empire. Candidate needs to a team player that is technically sound.
The Project Manager position requires at least 4 years of affordable housing development experience and knowledge of local, state, and federal housing finance programs, including Low Income Housing Tax Credits (primarily 9% transaction types ), ground up and rehab projects, redevelopment financing, and HUD loan programs. Successful track record of negotiating and obtaining soft debt and land contributions. A Master’s Degree in a development-related field, such as City & Regional Planning, Business/Real Estate, or Public Policy is strongly preferred.
RECRUITER NOTES: Client requests all candidates be self starters with friendly attitude and technically proficient in aspects related to the development, design and construction of affordable multifamily communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of affordable housing development process, including funding programs such as using low income housing tax credits, State of California housing programs, federal housing programs such as HOME, MHSA, and local redevelopment area financing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand, develop, and proactively manage budgets.
- Ability to seek creative, viable solutions to problems and coordinate many phases of project development with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with, communicate with, and manage a team of other development professionals and consultants.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and able to travel within Southern California
- Commitment to low-income and working families, seniors, disabled; building strong communities.
Salary: Based on experience but between 75-100K plus bonus and benefits. Client may request pay stub to verify currently employment and salary
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. We are leaders in executive search for Affordable and Market rate multifamily development