Multifamily Construction Manager - North Los Angeles
Written by 1336 - Multifamily Construction Jobs STATUS:FILLED
Wednesday, 17 October 2012 20:31
Needed - PROVEN Multifamily/Apartment Project Manager that can oversee the construction of TypeV multifamily projects through out Southern California Area.. Please be a proven multifamily construction manager when applying and please be from the Los Angeles Area at present.
The Client develops high-quality, service and amenity-enriched housing for families and individuals at all ranges of the economic spectrum, from special needs to homeownership. Further, it is their mission to seize advantage of their vertically integrated companies: Development, Construction and Asset Management, to ensure that the developments are created in the most economically and ecologically efficient manner.
- Work with the Vice President of Construction to properly estimate, bid, negotiate and buy-out all projects
- Work with the field crews to maintain all budgets and schedules
- Monitor projects weekly and report to the Vice President Construction on conformance with the contract schedule.
- Facilitate processing of RFI’s, submittals and samples among the contractors, the owner and the owner’s consultants, ensuring that all responses are done in accordance with established project parameters.
- Manage the Sub Contractors and General Contractor (if present) to ensure that all required mock-ups are prepared and presented to the owner for review and approval prior to Construction installation.
- Conduct all critical pre-installation conferences with General Contractors, subcontractors, consultants and manufacturer’s representatives in accordance with project manual requirements.
- Oversees construction administration consultants to ensure that field observations are performed in accordance with the project schedule and other contract documents.
- Attend weekly owner/architect/contractor (OAC) meetings.
- Take weekly progress and technical “Knowledgebase” photographs of all assigned projects and digitally archive in computer network files.
- Assists the Vice President Construction in the review, investigation and validation of Proposed Change Order Requests (PCOR)
- Manage all neighborhood outreach programs and unsure compliance with any association requirements.
- Prepare, or cause to be prepared, all required punch lists; and follow-through to ensure timely and proper completion by the General Contractors and subcontractors.
- Manage all FFE installations to ensure consistency with the project schedule, plans and specifications.
- Manage the entire building turnover process in accordance with the contract documents, facilitating and enhancing communications among the Contractors, the Community Manager and the Community Service Manager.
- Conduct weekly Construction/operations/contractor meetings, starting upon building turnover, to facilitate communications and resolve critical issues.
- Assists the operations group with warranty service repairs, when necessary.
- Manage landscape architects to ensure that project landscaping is provided and installed in accordance with the contract documents and work with Contractors to ensure proper completion of final punch lists prepared by landscape architects.
- Obtain notices of completion and/or compliance certifications from all construction administration consultants.
- Work with the contractors to ensure that all project closeout documents are submitted in accordance with the contract. Assist the Vice President Construction in the review, approval and archiving of all closeout documents.
- Manage the entire process required to reduce and ultimately exonerate all bonds posted in connection with assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university (in construction, engineering, architecture preferred) ; and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in construction management of multifamily or mixed use product.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of the plan check, permitting and building inspection processes, and be able to interface with building department officials.
- Must be organized and capable of managing tasks on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Must be skilled in reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to establish highly functional relationships with diverse personalities both within and outside the company.
- Intermediate MS Outlook, Work and Excel skills.
- Intermediate MS Project software skills.
Based on experience plus discretionary bonus. Call to discuss.
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. : Recruiters for Multifamily Construction and Development
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 12 February 2013 02:11 )