Vice President of Construction is responsible for managing group up Multifamily Construction projects on Multifamily properties for owned and rare 3rd party GC contracts consistent with business plans, investment strategies and budgets. An innovative effective communicator, negotiator, and leader with a strong commitment to achieve objectives as established. In addition, the capacity to coordinate complex project details and build consensus among decision makers in consummating transactions and completing projects. Provide physical assessments, scopes of work and budget development for acquisitions of additional assets.
The Client is a developer of high-quality, service and amenity-enriched housing for families and individuals at all ranges of the economic spectrum, from special needs to homeownership. Further, it is their mission to seize advantage of their vertically integrated companies: Development, Construction and Asset Management, to ensure that the developments are created in the most economically and ecologically efficient manner.
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- A multi-site residential portfolio of at least 5,000 units with a professional general contracting or owner/builder organization
- 10+ years directing a management team of 6 or more in house and field construction management staff
- Proven success in budgeting, financial management, team development, performance management
- Ability to problem solve and make strategic decisions; ability to be creative, flexible, and adaptable to new situations and assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Architecture, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in managing Project/Construction Management of podium and SOG multifamily projects in California
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant building codes and regulations
- Ability to read, interpret and understand building plans and schematics review and analyze engineering and consultants reports
- Ability to develop scopes of work, contracts and schedules/critical paths consistent with the goals, budgets, and requirements for the asset/property and investment strategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to navigate, diplomatically influence, and work effectively with clients, associates and peers with varying degrees of technical knowledge in a demanding environment.
- Ability to select and work with consulting teams (architects, engineers, subcontractors etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to review and understand Construction and Consultant Contracts
- Proven track record of fiscal control and responsibility, including budget development, tracking and forecasting, review and approval of relevant draws, invoices, and associated lien waivers.
- Highly skilled in the planning, organization and direction of projects
- Detail orientated, analytical, computer literate; MS Project, Word, Excel
- Proven leadership skills
- Conscientious of property and life safety liability issues, risk management and OSHA requirements
Position will be based in North Los Angeles County. So it is best of clients are somewhat local to the region.
No relocation will be provided
No consultants will be considered
Salary: Based on experience + bonus potential and benefits.