Development Associate for Multifamily - Orange County, Ca.
Written by 1339 - Multifamily development Jobs STATUS:CLOSED
Wednesday, 17 October 2012 21:06
Job Title: Development Associate
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Managing Director and Directors of Development
General Overview: The Development Associate is responsible for all modeling and underwriting associated with the development of apartment communities. Company is one of the nation’s leading owners, operators, developers and acquirers of apartments in protected locations in major metropolitan areas across the country. The Development Associate will play a key role in the development process by providing market and investment analysis to the Development Department team. This position offers interaction with not only the Development Department, but also the Construction, Operation, and Acquisition/Disposition Departments.
• Preparation and analysis of market surveys
• Preparation of financial information and quarterly reports
• Will create and update pro forma models for new and ongoing projects
• Assisting with investment analysis and investment cost criteria
• Prepares pipeline reports and monitors future supply in assigned market(s)
• Prepares first draft of Investment Memos for senior management
• Researches entitlement process and impact fees
• Prepares first draft of Letters of Intent
• Prepares PowerPoint presentations for entitlement hearings
• Assists in obtaining building permits and bonds
• Assists in entitlement process
• Reviews job cost reports and interfaces with Denver accounting group
• Responds to special assignments or reporting requests by Denver office
• Gives direction to architects and engineers as needed
• Assists in land acquisition (research, underwriting & purchase and sale agreement negotiations)
• Must have 2 -5 years experience in real estate finance and multi-family development
• Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance
• Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook software programs.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills in order to establish rapport with people within and outside the company.
• Experience and understanding of joint venture partnerships, modeling and management of construction loans, and bond financing modeling a plus.
Location: The territory would be LA/OC/SD. Candidates Could office out of Hermosa Beach, Irvine, or Solana Beach.
Salary: would be $80K-$100K + bonus (negotiable).
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 12 February 2013 02:13 )