JOB DESCRIPTION: Director of Multifamily Land Acquisitions and Development, San Diego
PLEASE NOTE: You must be current and involved in multifamily land acquisitions/development in SAN DIEGO.
The Director of Multifamily Land Acquisitions and Development will work with the senior development team at the front end of the development process on projects. This role will also be responsible for the day to day development management of projects, including land acquisitions, project planning and implementation, design management, managing consultants and contractors, contracts and budgets through the project delivery process, together with involvement in marketing and sales of projects and community relations.
• Project Management - Overseeing all present day development activity including selection of consultants (Architects, Engineers, General Contractors), management of all consultants, management of development budget, working with city and other government agencies, working with leasing departments to insure proper lease up of all tenants until project completion.
• Deal Sourcing – Planning, identifying and formulating potential development and Land acquisitions opportunities through the brokerage community and major tenant relationship consistent with the parameters established by the Executive Committee, Board and CEO of client firm. Identify and investigate potential multifamily opportunities and sites for development of market rate projects in areas targeted by the Development Team. Assist in site evaluation, underwriting and contract preparation. Assist in managing the Acquisition Data Base of third party brokers, consultants and landowners.
• Pre-Development Due Diligence – Initiates and manages the pre-development process directly and through subordinate staff and outside consultants including negotiations of the transactional documentation(Purchase and sale agreement, Partnership agreement, etc.), physical due diligence (title, environmental , physical), physical site plan and design concepts, and the analysis necessary to determine financial viability.
• Financial Analysis – With support of some subordinate staff and other departments underwrites potential opportunities and measure against yield targets. Directs and monitors the financial performance of the project to initial stabilization of tenant occupancy.
• Entitlement – Secures all governmental approvals and permits – including but not limited to: General Plan amendments, Specific Plan amendments, Environmental Impact Reports, Rezone applications, Subdivision Maps, Design Review applications and all necessary building permits.
• Financing – Secure third party A&D and construction financing for all of the company’s activities.
• Administration – Coordinates the activities and priorities of all operations of the company.
BS/BA in Finance, Engineering, Architecture or Similar
Around 8+ years experience as a development manager for multifamily / apartments
Master in business or real estate or equivalent (minimum 10 years) experience in the field.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Pay would be $125K-$150K + 30% bonus and benefits
Position location - San Diego
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - Executive Recruiters in Real Estate Development, Executive Recruiters in Architecture, Executive Recruiters in Engineering, Executive Recruiters in Construction Management, Executive Recruiters in Finance, Accounting and Real Estate Law, Executive Recruiters in Property Management, Construction Recruiters