Our Client, a leading real estate development company formed 40 years ago they are fully‐integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. They have offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, South Florida, Abu Dhabi, Shanghai, and Sao Palo and boasts a team of approximately 2,000 professionals. The Company’s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $15 billion, is made up of best‐in‐class mixed‐use, residential, retail, office, trade show and affordable properties in premier high‐barrier‐to‐entry markets.
The Development Associate will be responsible for supporting the affordable housing development team in all aspects of their projects including: entitlements, design, financial analysis and modeling, deal memo preparation, due diligence, legal oversight, budgeting, and construction. This position is a key support position that will provide the candidate significant professional growth and exposure to all aspects of an affordable housing development project. This position will be based in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Irvine, California (three positions open)
Our Client is a full‐service real estate firm that has developed over 9,000 units of quality affordable and market‐rate multifamily and mixed‐use residential properties in California. California’s projects range from low and moderate‐income townhomes to high‐rise luxury apartments, and all of our properties are designed, built and managed to the highest standards, regardless of the income level served. Our California office prides itself on its track record of consistently developing best in class communities that represent industry benchmarks in design, construction, sustainability and property management.
- Assist with all aspects of a development: financing, entitlement / government approvals, consultant
- coordination, public relations, design, leasing / marketing, and construction oversight.
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new development opportunities, assisting in
- underwriting and cash flow analysis, and responding to Requests for Qualifications or Proposals.
- Assist in preparing business plans, including deal memorandums, annual operating plans, financial
- forecasts and strategic plans.
- Compile detailed financing applications for various municipal funding programs such as low income
- housing tax credits and tax exempt bonds.
- Assist in coordinating loan draws, forecasting project budgets and cash flows, and managing project
- Research and analyses: benchmark economic activity in target markets by tracking rents, sales per
- square foot, operating costs, competitive supply and economic expansion activity.
- Minimize exposure and risk on various projects.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to senior project team members.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in real estate, business administration, public policy and
- Strong quantitative and MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project skills are a prerequisite.
- Strong project management skills, results‐driven, with ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Complex thinker of high intelligence and demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity.
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of real estate development a plus.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High energy; possessed with drive.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
- Must be a team player, but also a self‐starter that can perform with limited direction.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. is a leader in Affordable Housing Development Search
Contact: Kipp Gillian | Gillian Executive Search, Inc. | 866-600-0437 x1