FINANCIAL ANALYST - Multifamily Property Operations and Management
REPORTS TO: Manager of Financial Reporting
DEPT: Accounting/Information Technology
LOCATIONS: Corporate - Los Angeles, West Side.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Financial Reporting, the Financial Analyst is responsible for the preparation, review, and interpretation of financial reports, cash projections, budgeting, forecasting, reforecasting, benchmarking, performance bonus calculations, escrow analysis and special projects as assigned. Knowledge of and adherence to company Mission Statement, policies and procedures is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Project Accountant to create, maintain, review, and if necessary reforecast, the annual budgets.
- Prepare the weekly cash report. Forecast and report each month’s cash balances.
- Forecast property financial performance which will be reported to on-site management, executive management, principals, and lenders.
- Review the monthly property analysis and advise department management on trends.
- Prepare job costing, contract management, and reporting on construction projects in the portfolio.
- Forecast future operating and construction-related cash flows in order to determine cash needs.
- Assist the General Ledger Manager with yearend tax projections for ownership.
- Review lender related accounts semi-annually. Coordinate with the General Ledger Manager to insure lenders are impounding accurately and that we are self-impounding where needed. Forecast supplemental property tax calculations as part of the analysis.
- Calculate quarterly performance bonus calculations.
10. Support the Project Accountant and vice versa. Cross-train over time so as to cover for each other.
11. Create new analyses of business trends by creating visual representations such as charts, tables, and graphs.
12. Support automated internal financial reporting.
13. Perform projects as assigned by the Manager of Financial Reporting or VP/Controller.
A Bachelors degree or greater in Business, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or a substantially similar field is required. Three or more years of accounting or finance experience at the general ledger level or higher; preferably in property management accounting. Proven advanced Excel skills and strong accounting principles are required. The successful candidate will possess a track record of accuracy, detail, a sense of urgency, and purpose.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge of Yardi Voyager and supplementary modules; especially including Financial Analytics and Yardi Construction is desired. Prior experience as an Accounting Manager or similar is strongly preferred. 10 key by touch is preferred.
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS USED:
Computer, multifunction printer/copier/scanner, 10 key, and telephone.
FSLA STATUS: Non-exempt. (This means it is an hourly wage position)
Salary range: salary range $52k to $65k plus 5% bonus potential (based on experience)
This position primarily performs sedentary office work. It predominantly requires the use of a computer and telephone.
GILLIAN EXECUTIVE SEARCH, INC: Is a leading executive search firm in real estate accounting and financial analyst jobs and careers