SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER for Multifamily Construction - Phoenix, Arizona
Our client specializes in ground up construction and renovation of affordable housing, occupied senior and family apartments as well as market rate multifamily and is one of only 10 contractors in America to achieve a Zero Risk Score as named by Travelers Insurance, the world’s largest Surety Company. Their pipeline is bursting and they need a strong candidate for this position.
Our Senior Project Manager will lead, direct and oversee all construction phases. Meet cost objectives with respect to budgeting, estimating, value engineering, bidding, purchasing, contracting, and scheduling of all projects. Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions, within an ever changing environment. Will lead and influence a team of professionals throughout the life cycle of project(s). Ensures appropriate resources are in place to achieve financial and business objectives.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Attend kickoff & regular design meetings
- Review & provided feedback re: design schedule
- Review schematic, design development & construction document drawings
- Review specifications (Architects and in-house “programs spec”)
- Participate in 3rd Party plan check review process
- Review preliminary budgets developed by internal, and GC Pre-Con teams.
- Develop Hard Cost Budgets for Capital Request with assistance from GC.
- Develop Construction Consulting (Soft Cost) budgets
- Develop Construction Plan with GC (schedule, building sequencing & delivery plan, staging area, fencing plan, erosion control, utility/joint trench
- Review Subcontractor scopes of work prior to bidding.
- Review bidding & buyout process including review and approval of all bid spreadsheets
- Review similar completed project change orders for Lessons Learned
- Project Leadership role providing leadership for the design administration and construction teams.
- Regular jobsite visits (discuss frequency – daily vs. 3 or 4 times per week)
- Manage Architect issues (RFI’s, ASI’s, etc) Including Construction Administration scope of work.
- Manage the Drawing revision process by reviewing and approving any Bulletins that will be required.
- Manage submittal / shop drawing review process
- Review and approve Change Order requests with GC’s, PM & Superintendent
- Review and approve monthly GC draw requests prior to sign off by VP
- Review potential cost impacts with GC on weekly basis, and lead monthly budget review meeting.
- Monitor GC’s site safety program
- Coordinate, schedule and lead internal DRC walks (units, amenities, landscape etc)
- Prepare standard format - weekly 1 page report to update job progress
- Create, monitor, and review Apartment turn and completion schedules
- Manage the acceptance process for completed building interiors/exteriors and site issues including landscape, street improvements, entries etc
- Review schedule, subcontractor issues, City issues with General Contractor’s PM & Superintendent
- Walk enough units, building exteriors and roofs to verify GC’s compliance with QA expectations
Close-Out / Post Construction:
- Secure Warranty books from GC
- Secure “As built” drawings from GC
- Manage GC to secure City Certificate of Occupancy, bond releases etc.
- Ensure Notice of Completion filed in timely manner.
- Manage budget process to close out job in timely manner.
- Write “Lessons Learned” memo to memorial important issues to help in future developments
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Ten to fifteen years of construction experience, including management experience.
- Proven ability to lead and influence across all levels of management.
- Must be organized, detailed and able to multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of software systems including: MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel Project, and PowerPoint), Procore, and Bluebeam.
- Must have an excellent disposition, able to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships and provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Strong relationships within the multi-family development community.