Land Acquisitions Associate - Multifamily, Orange County, California
Written by 1348 - Multifamily Land Acquisitions Jobs STAUTS:CLOSED
Wednesday, 12 December 2012 15:24
Job Title: Land Acquisition Associate
Location: Irvine, CA
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Identify and investigate potential multifamily opportunities and sites for development of market rate projects as well as affordable projects in areas targeted by the Development Team. Assist in site evaluation, underwriting and contract preparation. Assist in managing the Acquisition Data Base of third party brokers, consultants and landowners.
- Identify specific acquisition opportunities that meet strategic growth plans.
- Gather necessary information to underwrite potential site acquisition.
- Prepare preliminary feasibility analysis for review and approval by VP Acquisitions.
- Contact landowner (or Broker) to confirm site is available.
- Contact governmental agency/staff to assess probability for developmental approvals.
- Prepare Letter of Intent for review and approval by VP Acquisitions.
- Manage the preparation of project proformas for market rate opportunities.
- Assist the VP Acquisitions with preparation of Purchase and Sale Agreement.
- Manage the preparation of the pre-development budget for market rate opportunities.
- Coordinate the selection and preparation of the Market Research report for market rate opportunities.
- Act as liaison with Design and the Development Team.
- Assist in the preparation of the weekly Acquisition Pipeline Report.
- Travel within California and adjacent states required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Real Estate Marketing, Finance, or Planning. MBA degree a plus.
- Three years of related experience, strong understanding of acquisitions and development process.
- California real estate knowledge required.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office application with advanced skills in Excel.
- Ability to perform acquisition analysis and prepare acquisition package.
- Ability to interact and coordinate with executive management as well as real estate brokers, consultants and landowners regarding acquisition activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as a Team Player.
- Self-starter, proactive and creative, takes initiative and addresses issues.
- High level of Integrity.
The land Acquisition Associate will take direction from and report directly to the Vice President Acquisitions.
Around 75-85K plus solid bonuses. All-in package around 120-135 based on the individual. Solid medical and dental benefits
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - Executive Search in multifamily / apartment land acquisitions, development, design and construction
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 12 February 2013 02:07 )