Our Client, a leader in the commercial/industrial real estate arena, operates over 2,200 company-owned locations in the United States and Europe, totaling more than 141 million net rentable square feet of real estate. Based on the number of customers and rentable square feet, Our Client is one of the largest landlords in the world.
Our Client currently has an excellent opportunity for a Director of Architecture and Design to be based in the North Los Angeles County area, CA. The Director of architecture and Design will report to the SVP of Construction. The successful candidate will be the point person for all design and building standards for Our Client. The successful candidate will lead, manage and contract with 3rd party consultants through the design, engineering and permit process. Additionally, this person will be responsible for maintaining the building and site specifications for the company's real estate operations and is considered the "keeper of the brand" with respect to implementation of the company's physical presentation to the public.
• Review site information on potential development sites and make recommendations.
• Review and/or prepare site plan options and layouts with internal personnel or outside architectural group to maximize building and site efficiencies on the project in concert with Development Manager.
• Review the project with the Development Team to determine the essential issues necessary for successful entitlements and provide solutions to affect approvals.
• Coordinate development timeline with the Development Manager so project milestones are attained.
• Review and approve the ALTA and Soils Engineer Proposals and review the ALTA and Soils Report for issues and cost consequences and provide a list of issues to the development and construction Managers before the Real Estate Committee submittal.
• Visit proposed site for any physical/obvious characteristics which may add cost to construction and resolve.
• Coordinate site layout development and unit mixes based on market statistical data provided by the Development Manager.
• Present site plan, unit mix and elevations including signage to Real Estate Committee for approval.
• Oversee and review the site plans and architectural drawings during the Entitlement process and construction drawings during the Permit Processing period.
• Daily conversations with architects and engineers to answer questions and work out issues. Update Development Manager upon any changes.
• Development and maintenance of prototypical building types and modifications or deviations where appropriate.
• Maintains and updates building standards and specifications for new facilities as well as replacement standards for existing facilities.
• Directs signage decisions and ensures that all new and replacement signage meets the company's signage specifications.
• Develop a national network of architectural and engineering firms that can fill the role of primary design consultants for Our Client.
• A Bachelor's degree in Architecture is required, with preference towards a Master's degree in related field.
• A minimum of 8 years of direct architectural experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of leading and managing direct reports and cross functional teams.
• Previous experience in a leadership role overseeing Multi-unit chain store expansions and new build programs is a plus.
• Demonstrated high degree of self-motivation, integrity and success in past endeavors. Candidate shall possess a broad based business acumen, peer to peer interface expertise and an Ownership mentality.
• Strong project management skills across multiple assignments with focus on execution and delivering results.
• Previous experience in a leadership role overseeing Multi-unit chain store expansions and new build programs is a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and accustomed to interacting and presenting to senior/executive level management, other internal and external constituents.
Our Client offers competitive base and bonus, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSA's for healthcare and dependent care. Our Client is an equal opportunity employer.
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. is the leader in Commercial and Industrial Real Estate Executive Search, jobs and careers
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. is the leader in Commercial Real Estate Architecture and Design Jobs and careers