POSITION TITLE: Manager, Tenant Coordinator
LOCATION: Corporate - Los Angeles, California
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt range 80k - 90K
BONUS POTENTIAL: This position is bonus eligible up to 15% based on performance
REQUIRED TRAVEL: Local and National travel required
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a standard office environment
REPORTS TO: AVP, Tenant Coordination
RECRUITERS NOTE: We request that candidates for this position fit the need and not be above the job experience or professional level required. The salary is fixed and will not move beyond the point shown. Our preference is to place someone who can view this as a wonderful career move and not a short term opportunity.
Position Description: As a member of the Tenant Coordination team, the Manager, Tenant Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the review and approval of tenant store designs and plans. The Manager, Tenant Coordinator coordinates all tenant improvement construction projects at operating shopping centers, collaborating with other disciplines, to open businesses on time with the fewest difficulties.
- Enforce Tenant Coordination processes, procedures and standards for management, quality and efficiency in tenants design, construction and life safety.
- Review tenant’s lease construction exhibits.
- Work with Leasing to provide support and develop the relationships necessary to handle all of the tenant’s needs as it relates to planning, budget, design, and construction.
- Work with other AVP’s and Sr. Managers in Tenant Coordination, Construction, Design & Planning, Development, Asset Management, Property Management/Operations, Legal, Leasing, Accounting/Finance, Risk Management, IT, Human Resources, Development Marketing, in developing teams, processes and procedures to accomplish development projects.
- Know, enforce and update the company technical specifications.
- Establish the conceptual budget for tenants where landlord work is involved.
- Monitor, maintain and enforce approved tenant criteria.
- Oversee that the base building has sufficient characteristics and capacities. Coordinate any changes to the base building design with Construction.
- Maintain an ongoing and comprehensive project tenant schedule.
- Manage the consultants for tenant construction projects.
- Direct and manage the tenant plan check and permit process.
- Issue Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) to qualified general contractors for each tenant construction project.
- Engage general contractor and other prime contractors/vendors for tenant construction projects including all contract creation and negotiation.
- Manage all tenant contractors on the project.
- Coordinate all tenant preconstruction meetings and construction meetings.
- Coordinate all tenant tie-ins to landlord system.
- Manage the project general contractor through the completion of construction and closeout.
- Coordinate tenant schedules and design with Development, Design and Construction where necessary to ensure smooth flow of timely delivery and completion of tenant spaces.
- Oversee and conduct tenant construction owner, architect, contractor (OAC) meetings.
- Close out tenant construction projects by providing Legal with all documents, fees, charges, lien wavers, balance reports, as builts and other construction related items necessary for Legal to close out projects and return tenant allowances.
- Work hand-in-hand with the mall personnel to review all tenant drawings and coordinate the tenant construction process.
- Keep master copies of documents that are sent to tenants, contractors, architects, etc. such as the tenant criteria handbook and contractor’s rules and regulations.
- Work closely with Property Management, Operations and Leasing to coordinate the tenant construction process and facilitate timely construction projects.
- Responsible for daily upkeep of project status updates in O2C.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Architecture, Construction Management or related field.
- Proven, valuable experience within the organization and the Tenant Coordination department.
- Minimum three years experience working as a tenant coordinator in the retail shopping center industry, or an equivalent experience in the design or construction industry.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction documents.
- Architectural background and a sense of style and design are necessary. Construction background is helpful.
- Must be willing to travel between local properties and some out of state.
- Experience working on AutoCAD preferred, but not required.
- Employee must have the physical capability to perform all core functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the core functions of the job.
The following core competencies are shared by all CLIENT employees
- Collaboration: Develops, maintain, and strengthens collaborative relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Communication: Listens actively and expresses self clearly in conversations and interactions with others; expresses self clearly in business writing to effectively reach the audience.
- Results Orientation: Prioritizes projects to meet required deadlines. Carefully manages several projects at once, focusing on the desired end result of one’s work.
- Thoroughness: Ensures that work is complete and carefully reviews the accuracy of information in their work.
- Flexibility: Open to different and new ways of doing things; willing to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
- Adaptability: Adaptable to the changing nature of the business.
All CLIENT employees are expected to demonstrate a high level of integrity, mutual respect, professionalism and a commitment to working in partnership with our key stakeholders (guests, customers, business partners, and co-workers).
Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - Executive Recruiters in Real Estate Development, Executive Recruiters in Architecture, Executive Recruiters in Engineering, Executive Recruiters in Construction Management, Executive Recruiters in Finance, Accounting and Real Estate Law, Executive Recruiters in Property Management, Construction Recruiters, jobs