MIXED USE CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
This Position is Closed.
Our client is a forward thinking real estate development group headquartered in New York a growing regional office in San Francisco. They incorporate relentless innovation, latest technology and design practices in to all of their projects. They are an extremely energetic group focus on direct, tangible benefits for their investors, tenants and the environment.
The Construction Manager (7-15 years of experience) is responsible for working with the Development Project Manager on day to day construction and design related activities tied to multiple projects. The Construction Manager will also support in assessing the feasibility of new project opportunities.
Looking for an individual with a strong work ethic who is flexible and able to work in an entrepreneurial small team environment. Be part of a rapidly expanding platform. Ideal candidate will have 7+ years of CM experience both on the contractor side as well as the owner/developer side with a mix of hotel, residential and office experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist Project Manager in the selection and management of external team of professionals to include architect, general contractor, engineers and related consultants
- Assist in negotiating proposals and contracts with multiple consultants
- Develop and monitor project schedules
- Coordinate budgeting and pricing, reviewing and approving construction draw submittals and invoices
- Attend regular design and construction meetings, track issues and coordinate project documentation
- Advise team on constructability issues and value engineering opportunities
- Assist Project Manager with project entitlements and permitting as needed
- Lead contractor selection/bid process
- Assist in certain trade subcontractor bid interviews (MEP)
- Manage day to day interaction with contractor
- Monitor critical path project schedules
- Oversee onsite construction progress and assist with trouble shooting as needed
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related field of study from an accredited university; and
- Seven or more years of experience in construction management with experience across property types (including hotel, residential and office); and/or
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Demonstrated contracting skills from project scope development, through bid and award phase, to contract execution and closeout
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance
- Flexible team player who is attracted to a small, hands on, collaborative working environment