1682 Construction Area Manager - Hammond/Ponchatoula & Northshore, Louisiana
Our client is currently looking for a Construction Area Manager. The right candidate will manage all functions of the job site as it relates to home construction. Manage construction of multiple homes from dirt through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and direct construction activities in the field either directly or through utilizing your Project Managers and Superintendents
- Responsible for profitability of the homes being built in their subdivisions and manage all cost by reviewing field purchase orders
- Interfacing with public agencies in obtaining all necessary permits and approvals; or work with the Permit Department in obtaining these permits and approvals
- Interface with all municipal governing bodies, public utilities and industry associations; or work with the Land Development Department in obtaining these objectives
- Total involvement with training, communication and development of Project Managers, Superintendents and field personnel
- Oversee field operations, productions times, and insure quality control so that the homes built meet the company's standards and are ready for homeowner orientations/occupancy
- Set build times on each plan and provide schedules to meet the build times
- Ensure that assigned subdivisions meet all safety standards in accordance with OSHA and state regulations
- Handle escalated problems with subcontractors
- Respond to unsatisfactory survey cards and NRS responses
- Ensure that all homes in construction area are constructed to contract, specification and detail
- Assure that all work that is invoiced is fully acceptable to the company's specifications and is 100% complete
- Visit job sites periodically to spot check quality and policy enforcement
Manages a group of 4-25 Superintendents and/or Project Managers within a specified area of construction. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have a vehicle, a valid driver's license, and be willing to travel.