Diana Bellizzi’s journey to the affordable housing industry was a winding road through other asset classes. Before overseeing all investor relations and relationship management efforts for Hudson Valley Property Group—a New York-based company that owns and acquires affordable housing and mixed-income properties—Bellizzi held a variety of roles in commercial real estate financing.
In 2019, she met one of the co-founders of HVPG and their first conversation was “pretty inspirational,” as she puts it. She decided to join the team and she couldn’t be more satisfied with her decision.
“It’s a rare opportunity to find a career where you can really do well by doing good,” Bellizzi told Multi-Housing News Senior Editor Laura Calugar in the latest episode of the Mission Success: Women in Multifamily podcast series. “Working in affordable housing is a rewarding way to earn a living and you can contribute back to the community in ways that are otherwise not possible.”
Here’s what they talked about in this episode:
- who is Diana Bellizzi (0:57)
- what sparked her interest in affordable housing (4:56)
- affordable housing demand today (6:32)
- how investors are acclimating to market uncertainty (9:09)
- the investment outlook for affordable housing (10:17)
- gender diversity in affordable housing (11:01)
- pieces of advice for women considering entering the affordable housing space (13:18)
- personal and professional goals for this year (14:20)
Don’t forget to follow MHN’s podcasts on Apple Podcasts and Spotify!
The post Mission Success: Why Work in Affordable Housing? appeared first on Multi-Housing News.
Gillian Executive Search is a leader in Affordable Housing Development, Financing, Design and Construction recruiting. www.gessearch.com